|May 22||Food Drive ends|
|May 23||Academic Excellence Showcase – Details to Come|
|May 27||NO SCHOOL – Memorial Day|
|May 28||Spring Music Program – 3rd, 4th & 5th - 6:30 pm|
|June 5||PTA Dinner and General Meeting – 6:00 pm|
|June 6||DINE OUT- Panera|
|June 12||5 Grade SOAR UP Ceremony|
|June 14||SPIRIT DAY – Tropical Wear|
End of Year Family Celebration – Time TBD
|June 17||Field Day – 1 pm|
|June 18||End of School Student Assembly – 8:30 am |
Last Day of School – Early dismissal
As of last Thursday, we have collected 1,149 items for our school wide food drive. Please bring foods that are non-perishable and foods that don’t need to be refrigerated (see list below), hygiene items like toilet paper, shampoo, toothpaste and other hygiene items. All items will be donated to the Corvallis School District Food Pantry. The Pantry also needs containers, such as reusable grocery tote bags, that can hold food so the families can bring them home. We will be accepting items through Wednesday, May 22.
Just like last year, we will be having 3 rewards for each time we reach a goal. We have already reached our first two goals and have earned an extra recess and a comfy day. We only need a few more items to reach our final goal of 1,200 and then all the teachers/ staff will wear tutus for a whole day!
Below are the foods we are most in need of:
- boxed mac & cheese
- cooking oil
- shelf-stable/powdered milk
- canned soups
- canned fruit
- peanut butter
Just like last year, we will be having 3 rewards for each time we reach a goal. Once we reach 500 items, we will have extra recess. Once we reach 900, we will have comfy day. Once we reach our final goal of 1,200, all the teachers/staff will wear tutus for a whole day!
The Mt. View Eagle-Eye Action Team
Academic Excellence Showcase
Please join us for our first annual open house and afternoon of student exhibition on May 23 from 1-2:30 pm. All students will showcase their
This is a drop-in open house format. Stop by Mt. View to see your child’s work and tour the school to see what we have been up to this school year!
Music Programs - Save the Date
The dates are set for our spring music concerts!
- Tuesday May 28
- 3rd 4th and 5th Grade at 6:30 pm
Check out the new music website HERE designed to inspire your child’s home-practice, musical exploration and creativity. Please continue to check back, as it is a work in progress and new information will appear. I look forward to seeing you all at the concerts.
Elementary Track Meet June 5
Wednesday, June 5, 2019 – starts at 3:30 pm, CHS Track. Open to all K-5 students in Corvallis schools, ribbons to all finishers in each event. Running events are 100 meter, 200m, 400m, 800m in age appropriate heats. Field events will each have three tries:
- Baseball throw and turbo javelin throws
- High jump experience on mats with elastic band crossbar
- Long jump experience in the sand pits
Students are invited to test their skills, try something new, and have fun!
Questions? Contact Gerhard Behrens, 541-757-4337 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Community flyers are now shared on the Corvallis School District website! Learn about programs, sports, and opportunities in our community. Flyers posted this week are listed below:
- Summer Junior Tennis Classes
- German Program Summer Camp
- Build Spanish Language through Theater Arts – Summer Enrichment
- Golden Naga Martial Arts Center Summer Day Camps
- Summer TAG Programs: Expeditions, Adventures in Learning, Outside the Box
- Various Outdoor Summer Camps through Corvallis Parks and Recreation including Survival Camp, Parkour, Dance and Fishing
- Summer Bike Camps
- NW CyberCamp 2019 registration
- Corvallis BioBlitz
- Join the Corvallis Knights Reading Club and win tickets to a game
- Juneteenth Spoken Word Contest
- Corvallis Spring Roll
- A Free One Night Workshop for How to Help Children Overcome Challenges
- 5K Walk for Water to raise awareness of water issues in our Sister City, Gondar Ethiopia and around the world
- Afternoon care with emphasis on supporting learning through exploration and activities
- Family Support Services
- New Alateen Meeting in Corvallis
- FIRST LEGO League information night
- 2019-20 Enrollment for preschool
- Parents: Become an OSU Student!
- STUDY PARTICIPANTS NEEDED! “Thinking Outside of the Lunchbox: Exploring Competing Narratives in the Corvallis 509J District School Lunch Policies”
Click the button below to visit the community flyers page on the district website for all current flyers.
Stay Connected & Get Involved
There are so many ways to stay connected and get involved with Mt. View! We have our e-news that is delivered via email and our website. Subscribe to our e-news here.
PTA opportunities include helping with meeting catering help, quilt raffle volunteers, Wreath Fundraiser pickup event, PTA diversity training, Sock Hop, Science Event, Giving Tree, teacher appreciation luncheons and many others. PTA volunteer opportunities will be listed to a Signup link found here. You can also find our more information by contacting our PTA President, Deanna Carpenter via email.
For more information about volunteering at our school, please visit the district’s website Volunteer page.