|May 28||Spring Music Program – 3rd, 4th & 5th - 6:30 pm|
|June 5||PTA Dinner and General Meeting – 6:00 pm|
|June 6||DINE OUT- Panera|
|June 12||5 Grade SOAR UP Ceremony|
|June 14||SPIRIT DAY – Tropical Wear|
End of Year Family Celebration – Time TBD
|June 17||Field Day – 1 pm|
|June 18||End of School Student Assembly – 8:30 am |
Last Day of School – Early dismissal
Field Day is Coming!
Our annual Field Day is on the afternoon of June 17th. The planning committee is working on the details but help is needed to make this fun event successful! If you would like to volunteer, please make sure you have a current background check on file. If you’re not sure you have a current volunteer status, contact the office.
The online application to volunteer is found HERE.
Summer Reading Program in the Lancaster Bridge Community
Mt. View received a grant from the Corvallis School Foundation for a Summer Reading Program at the Lancaster Bridge Club House. Adults will read to children and help them select books to take home. Come join us during the noon hour, Tuesday’s and Thursday’s throughout the summer.
We are excited to offer this activity for our families living in the Lancaster Bridge community. Other activities Monday – Friday at the Lancaster Club House include: Corvallis School District Summer lunch program from 12-12:30 pm and Willamette Housing’s Summer Lunch Club, activities for children, from 12:30-2 pm. Please join us at the Club House!
If you want to be a part of the Summer Reading program use this Sign Up link to volunteer as an adult reader. Corvallis Volunteer approval required!
Elementary Track Meet June 5
Wednesday, June 5, 2019 – starts at 3:30 pm, CHS Track. Open to all K-5 students in Corvallis schools, ribbons to all finishers in each event. Running events are 100 meter, 200m, 400m, 800m in age appropriate heats. Field events will each have three tries:
- Baseball throw and turbo javelin throws
- High jump experience on mats with elastic band crossbar
- Long jump experience in the sand pits
Students are invited to test their skills, try something new, and have fun!
Questions? Contact Gerhard Behrens, 541-757-4337 or email@example.com
June Dine Out
Monday, June 6 is our next Dine Out at Panera Bread. 20% of the proceeds will be donated to Mt. View!
School districts are required to share local area immunization rates and individual school rates twice a year: within 30 days after the start of school and within 30 days after the immunization exclusion day. Mt. View’s immunization rates are available HERE. Benton County immunization rates are available HERE
Community flyers are now shared on the Corvallis School District website! Learn about programs, sports, and opportunities in our community. Flyers posted this week are listed below:
- Summer Junior Tennis Classes
- German Program Summer Camp
- Build Spanish Language through Theater Arts – Summer Enrichment
- Golden Naga Martial Arts Center Summer Day Camps
- Summer TAG Programs: Expeditions, Adventures in Learning, Outside the Box
- Various Outdoor Summer Camps through Corvallis Parks and Recreation including Survival Camp, Parkour, Dance and Fishing
- Summer Bike Camps
- Storm Junior Academy Summer Session
- School Garden Coordinators opportunity
- Afternoon care with emphasis on supporting learning through exploration and activities
- Family Support Services
- New Alateen Meeting in Corvallis
- FIRST LEGO League information night – May 23
- 2019-20 Enrollment for preschool
- Parents: Become an OSU Student!
- STUDY PARTICIPANTS NEEDED! “Thinking Outside of the Lunchbox: Exploring Competing Narratives in the Corvallis 509J District School Lunch Policies”
- Research study opportunity for children with and without developmental disabilities and their family dog
- Spanish hosting opportunity for Corvallis Families
Click the button below to visit the community flyers page on the district website for all current flyers.
Stay Connected & Get Involved
There are so many ways to stay connected and get involved with Mt. View! We have our e-news that is delivered via email and our website. Subscribe to our e-news here.
PTA opportunities include helping with meeting catering help, quilt raffle volunteers, Wreath Fundraiser pickup event, PTA diversity training, Sock Hop, Science Event, Giving Tree, teacher appreciation luncheons and many others. PTA volunteer opportunities will be listed to a Signup link found here. You can also find our more information by contacting our PTA President, Deanna Carpenter via email.
For more information about volunteering at our school, please visit the district’s website Volunteer page.