|January 15||Dine Out at Evergreen Indian Restaurant|
|January 17||Spirit Day - Silly Hair|
|January 17||Family Movie Night at 6:30 pm|
|January 20||NO SCHOOL - Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday|
|January 30 - 31||NO SCHOOL - Grading/End of Semester|
|February 7||Report Cards Sent Home With Students|
January Lifeskill Focus: Organization
January Dine Out
Join other Mt. View families at Evergreen Indian Restaurant on Wednesday, January 15th! Come enjoy amazing cuisine while earning money for Mt. View. Flyers to come home next week.
Family Movie Night
Mark your calendars for Friday January 17th at 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm when the movie Abominable will be shown in the Mt. View GYM. Free popcorn and family fun. All kids will need an adult chaperone present. It’s fun for the entire family, and students enjoy time with their friends!
This Week in PBIS (Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports)
Family Conversation Starter:
This week Mrs. Stroup, our PBIS Coach, visited every classroom to review our school-wide expectations.
- In Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade we used a slideshow of photos of Mt. View students in action to talk about being safe, respectful and responsible in different areas around the school.
- In 3rd, 4th and 5th grade we played a Jeopardy style game to review school-wide expectations – the what and the why.
Family Conversation starters:
- Which expectations are easy for you to follow? Why?
- Are there any expectations that are harder for you to follow?
- Tell me about that. What do you think is the most important expectation at Mt. View?
Box Top Program
Hi Mt. View Supporters!
Thanks to all of you who have been clipping and turning in Box Tops to help raise money for the school. We have earned $6600 using this program since we started and have purchased items for PE, classrooms, art supplies, etc.
I’ve received word that the Box Top program is changing and hopefully this will make it even easier for families to help our school. Paper Box Tops are being phased out so you will see them less and less (though please continue to clip and turn them in, there is a drop-box located in the front office).
Instead, Box Tops are going digital. All you have to do is download the Box Top app and scan your grocery receipt within 14 days of purchase. Mt. View will automatically get credit for any eligible items. That is it! No box tops to clip, turn in or count.
Please see the attached flyer for more details, and thank you for supporting our students!
We are implementing the district’s Wellness Policy which will impact how we celebrate birthdays and special events around school. If you have traditionally sent in treats with your child, please be aware that sugary foods (cupcakes, donuts, cookies) will no longer be allowed. We know how meaningful birthdays are and we still look forward to celebrating with your child. Your child’s teacher can discuss alternative options with you specifically, but below you will find several suggestions of non-food or healthy alternatives:
Birthdays and Holidays Without Food
- Allow extra recess time instead of classroom party time.
- Birthday students can lead an active game for everyone.
- Have dance parties. Birthday students can lead and pick out the music.
- Instead of candy-filled birthday or holiday bags, have party bags with non-edible items (trinkets, school supplies such as colored pencils, erasers, markers, bookmarks, stickers, etc.).
- Play special active party games.
- Birthday students can lead.
- Read a book related to the party theme.
- Parents can purchase a book for the classroom or check one out from the school library in their child’s name for their birthday and come to school to read the book.
Healthy Food and Beverage Ideas
- Air popped popcorn (without the butter)
- Fresh fruit assortments (store bought)
- Fruit sundae bar party with fresh fruit, low-fat yogurt, and granola.
- Vegetable trays (store bought)
This link will provide more information regarding the standards that our Wellness policy follows:
If you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the office.
The Mountain View Staff would like to thank the PTA for the delicious staff luncheon on Monday, December 16 – enjoyed by all!
January Tasting Tables Featuring Onions
At the January Tasting Table on January 8th, students had the chance to try locally grown Onions in the form of Quick Pickled Onions! Be sure to ask your child how they liked it.
If you would like to learn more about Oregon Onions, check out the Food Hero Newsletter here:
Community Flyers are now shared on the Corvallis School District website! Learn about programs, sports, and opportunities in our community. Click the button below to view current flyers.
Stay Connected & Get Involved
There are so many ways to stay connected and get involved with Mt. View! We have our e-news that is delivered via email and our website.
For more information about volunteering at our school, please visit the district’s website Volunteer page.