|June 4||5th Grade Parent Night at Cheldelin Middle School – 5:30 pm|
|June 5||PTA Dinner and General Meeting – 6 pm|
|June 6||Dine Out – Panera from 4-8 pm|
|June 10-14||Mt. View Post Office|
|June 12||5th Grade SOAR UP Ceremony – 6:30-8 pm|
|June 14||SPIRIT DAY – Tropical Wear|
End of Year Family Celebration – 5 pm
|June 17||Field Day – 1-2:30 pm|
|June 18||End of School Student Assembly – 8:30 am |
Last Day of School – Early dismissal
Information for Our 5th Grade Families
Join other 5th grade parents to learn about 6th grade at Cheldelin on Tuesday, June 4 at 5:30 pm. If you haven’t returned your forecasting sheet, please do so as soon as possible.
Mark your calendar for the 5th grade SOAR UP ceremony on Tuesday, June 11 from 6:30 – 8:00 pm.
June Dine Out
Monday, June 6 is our next Dine Out at Panera Bread. 20% of the purchases from 4-8 pm will be donated to Mt. View School. The flyer HERE is needed, either printed or electronically.
If you prefer to order online, use PRFUND as the promo code.
Field Day is Coming!
Field Day will be Monday, June 17 from 1 – 2:30 pm.
WE NEED YOU to make it a success! The kids love field day and look forward to it all year. Before you sign up, please fill out this Volunteer Application. This is required for all school volunteers to help keep our kids safe. Once you are approved to volunteer, click HEREto sign up. There are many games to choose from, and this year they are all open to all the grades.
Mt. View Post Office
It’s almost time for the annual Mt. View Post Office! Students have the opportunity, during the week of June 10-14, to write letters to any other student or staff member at Mt. View. Get excited for a fun, authentic way for our students to practice writing as we wrap up the year!
As we finish out the school year, students will need to have enough money in their meal accounts to cover meals/milks purchased. Any funds remaining in meal accounts at year end will carry over to the next school year.
If you qualify for free meal prices, and your child purchases milk ala-carte, there will be a $.50 charge to their account. If you need assistance, let the office know.
Corvallis School District Invites All Children 18 and Under for Free Meals! (regardless of household income)
Sites are located throughout Corvallis & Philomath. All sites offer lunch, while a few offer both breakfast and lunch at no charge. Meals must be eaten on site and parents/guardians can purchase a breakfast for $2.00 and a lunch for $3.50. Dates & times vary by site.
For more information, visit the district’s website HERE.
Summer Reading Program in the Lancaster Bridge Community
Mt. View received a grant from the Corvallis School Foundation for a Summer Reading Program at the Lancaster Bridge Club House. Adults will read to children and help them select books to take home. Come join us during the noon hour, Tuesday’s and Thursday’s throughout the summer.
We are excited to offer this activity for our families living in the Lancaster Bridge community. Other activities Monday – Friday at the Lancaster Club House include: Corvallis School District Summer lunch program from 12-12:30 pm and Willamette Housing’s Summer Lunch Club, activities for children, from 12:30-2 pm. Please join us at the Club House!
If you want to be a part of the Summer Reading program use this Sign Up link to volunteer as an adult reader. Corvallis Volunteer approval required!
Elementary Track Meet June 5
Wednesday, June 5, 2019 – starts at 3:30 pm, CHS Track. Open to all K-5 students in Corvallis schools, ribbons to all finishers in each event. Running events are 100 meter, 200m, 400m, 800m in age appropriate heats. Field events will each have three tries:
- Baseball throw and turbo javelin throws
- High jump experience on mats with elastic band crossbar
- Long jump experience in the sand pits
Students are invited to test their skills, try something new, and have fun!
Questions? Contact Gerhard Behrens, 541-757-4337 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Community flyers are now shared on the Corvallis School District website! Learn about programs, sports, and opportunities in our community. Flyers posted this week are listed below:
- Summer Junior Tennis Classes
- German Program Summer Camp
- Build Spanish Language through Theater Arts – Summer Enrichment
- Golden Naga Martial Arts Center Summer Day Camps
- Summer TAG Programs: Expeditions, Adventures in Learning, Outside the Box
- Various Outdoor Summer Camps through Corvallis Parks and Recreation including Survival Camp, Parkour, Dance and Fishing
- Summer Bike Camps
- Storm Junior Academy Summer Session
- Join the Corvallis Knights Reading Club and win tickets to a game
- Class room rewards
- Elementary School Track Meet June 5
- Introduction to Kung Fu – June 8
- Get Outdoors Day June 8
- Celebrate Southtown June 1-8
- School Garden Coordinators opportunity
- Afternoon care with emphasis on supporting learning through exploration and activities
- Family Support Services
- New Alateen Meeting in Corvallis
- 2019-20 Enrollment for preschool
- Parents: Become an OSU Student!
- STUDY PARTICIPANTS NEEDED! “Thinking Outside of the Lunchbox: Exploring Competing Narratives in the Corvallis 509J District School Lunch Policies”
- Research study opportunity for children with and without developmental disabilities and their family dog
- Spanish hosting opportunity for Corvallis Families
Click the button below to visit the community flyers page on the district website for all current flyers.
Stay Connected & Get Involved
There are so many ways to stay connected and get involved with Mt. View! We have our e-news that is delivered via email and our website.
For more information about volunteering at our school, please visit the district’s website Volunteer page.