Regular attendance is critical to the success of your student. We ask that parents and guardians help their student(s) attend school regularly so that they can build a strong educational foundation and develop skills necessary to become a contributing member in our community.
Repeated absences and tardies are reported to the LBL ESD attendance officer. Any student absence longer than 10 school days requires that the school withdraw that student from school, and the information is reported to the state.
Excusing an Absence
- If you are making transportation changes, please call the main office before 2 pm
- Parents/guardians are asked to call the Mountain View Elementary attendance line at 541-766-4761
- Parent/guardians can also leave a note at the main office prior to the day of the absence
- When excusing your student’s absence, please include:
- your name and relationship to the student
- student’s full name
- teacher’s name
- date and time of the absence
- reason for the absence
- phone number where you can be reached
If you plan to have your student out of school outside of regularly scheduled school year vacations/days off, please make arrangements with the school’s main office at least two days prior to when the absence begins.
The main office must be notified if your student will be picked up from school by anyone other than their parent or guardian, or a person on the emergency contact list.
If you are picking up your student early from school, please call before you arrive at the school.